What better way to celebrate International Women's Day, than to spend some time with an international woman! In the first of our 'Meet The Team' pieces, we grab 90 seconds with CEO Cori Calvert, and get an insight into what makes her tick! We threw 25 quick fire questions at her in 90 seconds, and only first answers were accepted!
Name: Cori Calvert
Occupation: CEO Glas Éireann Solutions
Pet’s: A farm dog named Jack who has adopted me.
Preferred mode of transport: I love my little jeep! Shout out to Hinchy's for hooking me up with a great car.
- Favourite colour: Green of course!
- Favourite film: Not sure I have a favourite. You're more likely to catch me with a book.
- Favourite musical artist: I love, love music. No single favourite artist. Whatever catches my mood at the moment. Mostly indie and pop.
- Favourite book: I can't pick a favourite! Reading mostly female Irish authors in my spare time. Lorna Sixsmith was my latest read!
- Favourite sports team: Munster Rugby
- Favourite food: I am a foodie to the core! I make a mean lamb chop.
Ideal holiday destination: After the Beast from the East, anywhere warm!!!
Introvert or extrovert? A bit of both.
Favourite drink at the pub? You'll probably catch me with a glass of Heineken. My local pulls a mean pint.
How do you take your tea? Strong with a drop of milk.
- What do you do in your spare time? Mostly help my partner farm or milk. If I'm not in a shed, you'll find me cooking or out on a long run.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully alive and well! That's all that any of us can ask.
- How have you found the Limerick and Irish business community? Amazing!
- You are building a team, what is your leadership style? I believe in Servant Leadership. My focus is on my customers and my staff. Luckily, I don't have a boss to answer to so that makes it even easier to focus on the people who make it possible to do what we do.
- What are your business goals? Continue expanding with several offices throughout Ireland so that we can employ as many engineers, sales people, electricians, and plumbers as possible.
- How would you like to have a beer with, dead or alive? Without a doubt, Eleanor McEvoy! I admire her for so many reasons. She is a Limerick woman who has made it in the male dominated energy industry. She's a strong woman and I would love to learn from her.
- Are you a fast paced or slow-paced person? I'm naturally fast paced but business has been so busy since we launched last year, that I would love one day where I could kick up my feet! I don't see that happening anytime in the future.
Favourite Hobby? I love to cook!
Sweet or Salty? I've the biggest sweet tooth. Give me a scone or biscuit any day!
You moved from America, what has been the most challenging about the move? Terminology! It's tap not faucet. Jam not jelly. Contactless and not Apple Pay!
What do Irish do better than Americans? The Irish are the best at the craic! I loved all the bread memes during the storm.
What do you miss about America? I do miss me a burrito.
Cori Calvert is CEO of Glas Éireann Solutions. At Glas Éireann Solutions, we are committed to reducing commercial, agricultural and industrial energy usage, energy overheads, carbon footprint as well as exposure to future energy price increase risk. We offer a variety of solutions in order to achieve this. To find out more on how we can help your business, why not contact us here, or phone on 061 - 633 298.
Alternatively, sign up for our regular newsletter, right here.