Job Title: Marketing Executive (Flexible Part-Time)
Location: Limerick, Ireland
Start Date: Immediate
Contract Type: Unpaid Internship
If you are looking for a cushy internship in learning how to make a decent cup of coffee, stop reading now! You won’t be going on coffee runs for the office in a marketing internship with GES Energy. If however, you are willing to work hard, move fast and learn constantly as you cycle through various marketing specialisations, and if you’re looking for an internship that you can be proud of and that will impress future employers, then read on.
GES Energy is an energy service company serving the public and private sectors throughout all provinces of Ireland. Our team has expertise in providing economical green energy solutions to the agricultural, industrial, hospitality, and transport industries. We strive to be the market leader in providing the broadest range of energy solutions, including design and implementation of energy savings projects, retrofit, energy conservation, maintenance and innovative financing options which improve business efficiency without extensive capital outlays.
As a marketing intern, based either remotely or at our office on National Technology Park, you will collaborate with our marketing and advertising team in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels whilst contributing to real marketing strategies and campaigns and conducting pivotal research. Wherever you end up focusing your marketing energies, an internship with us will provide you with an excellent baseline of knowledge for all marketing areas.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. We’re looking for a driven, ambitious individual who wants to create a career in social media and content marketing. We’re offering a flexible schedule if you continue to take college courses or if you wish to pursue other opportunities simultaneously. We provide extensive training, guidance and support, as well as the opportunity to experience the industry from the inside and gain valuable work experience in advance of career progression.
This role will include, but is not limited to:
- Take over content creation for all of our company social media accounts, including organising cross-platform content strategies, blogs etc.
- Develop new social media campaigns from the ground up, considering our clients’ needs and their specific industries
- Monitor social channels for trending news, ideas and memes, then capitalise on those trends through our social media accounts
- Perform research into our clients’ industries and provide actionable tips and advice for expanding their reach in the digital space
- Assist with capturing and analysing social media metrics
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Conduct research as assigned by marketing manager or director on audience trends, and present findings to supervisors
- Participate regularly in brainstorming sessions for the development of marketing campaigns, and take detailed notes of meetings
- Carry out administrative and data entry-related tasks, and maintain organised files for marketing team.
- Completing or have completed a degree in a related field such as business, public relations, marketing or journalism
- Passion for learning and growing in the marketing field
- Demonstrated communication and creative skills (educational examples accepted)
- Ability to work well on a team
- Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Flexible work schedule
- Hardworking and dedicated outlook
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics and Google Adwords)
- Interest in CleanTech and Green Energy Solutions an advantage
Rightwww.gesenergy.ie/ as well our YouTube channel. To apply, please submit CV to email@example.com, we are creating a panel of suitably qualified individuals for future roles. Additional information available at